Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The New and Improved Courtney & Co...

I have spent the better part of the last year trying to figure out how to marry my passion for interior design with my love for retail. When I say retail, I do mean a storefront in some ways, but even without the actual brick and mortar there are ideas relating to the way a retail establishment does business that really appeal to me and my impatient and occasionally ADD nature. One of these is the short term aspect of the exchange that takes place.

I kept thinking there must be some way to apply that to interior design. So I went to the internet, and of course found that so many fabulous designers were already offering the type of quick design service that I was thinking about. I can't tell you how simultaneously heartbreaking and exhilarating it is to realize that you weren't the first one with the idea, but that other designers are doing this and it's working! Hooray, you aren't crazy!



That's how "Blueprint" was born. It's not only a great fit for me, but I think for so many potential clients also! There are so many people who either don't want to, or can't afford to, hire a designer on an hourly basis to do an entire room or house. Many of them just need a plan...a place to start.The beauty of the blueprint is that it is custom, but once it's in the client's hands, they can follow it to the letter or just use it as a general guide.

If you want more information you can e-mail me for a detailed description of the services I offer. I am working on my website www.courtneyandcointeriors.com, and hopefully will have something together by the end of the summer.


Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment